For Class Discussion (to prepare in advance):
- Wikis in Plain English by Lee and Sachi Lefever (under 4 minutes)
- The Power of Wikis in Higher Ed by Linda L. Briggs
Popular Tools – Course Google Site at IDT351 Course Google Site
- Google Drive (used to be Google Doc) – Check out Tom Barrett’s Interesting Ways Series using Google Docs.
- Google Sites
- And more tools (some can be downloaded and installed onto a server)
- See Who’s Editing Wikipedia by John Borland
- Wikipedia and the New Curriculum by David Parry
- Wikibooks (increase in textbook cost is crazy, and you can see people try to write books on various subjects together)
- Google Drive – Short video link to Google Drive features
- Google Sites – Video tutorial detailing how to use Google Sites
- PBWorks – Video tutorial demonstrating some of PBworks functions
You can comment on any of the following:
- Any difference, strengths or weaknesses compared to blogging tool(s)?
- What are unique or major strengths about wiki tool?
- Important things to consider in adoption or implementation (e.g., user management)